Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thing 3

Well, I am hooked!

I haven't read or participated in any blogs before. I heard about blogging but never took the time to investigate. I am becoming fascinated with the possibilities for networking and collaborating with others. I have learned so much setting up to move from one thing to the next. This post was challenging because somehow I must have hit the draft button. I wanted to edit the draft, but I computers I use won't allow me to see the publish button. So here I am retyping it into an entire new post.

There is always a way to get something done. I always try to stick by the saying, "Trust but Verify." From here on in, I'll trust that the blogger.com will do what I need it to do, however, I will always develop what I plan to post on a separate word document.

I get carried away looking at the recommended edubloggers entries. I found numerous links and resources that I want to get into and share with others. Being such a novice, I immerse myself in articles such as Seven Habits of Highly Connected People, found on Steven's Web. Then I discovered Search Me, a new graphical search engine on 2 Cents Worth. I like the way Vicki Davis references information from sources by placing the content in special colored boxes. I want to learn how she does that!!

As I read through the blogs, I find myself getting so absorbed in the content that I'm losing all track of time. I even feel like I am on an adventure in a different world; some of the vocabulary is foreign to me. I keep exploring deeper and deeper into unfamiliar territory. This thing is so exciting with so much to explore; the list of edubloggers seems endless.

I need a break!
OK, I'm heading into twitter and flickr.
Cute names for a pair of birds, don't you think?

1 comment:

Jim Dornberg said...

It sounds like you are indeed "hooked." Hopefully students will likewise be hooked when they can find interesting people and information they can't find in a textbook. It's exciting to think you can carry on conversations with people from all over the world.

It does take a lot of time, but it's time well spent. You'll have to show me what's going on with your "draft" issue sometime.