Monday, December 15, 2008

Thing 8

Social Bookmarking is wonderful! I want to build my del.icio.us bookmarks into something very shareable for others. I had great fun exploring Jim’s and realized just how much he enjoys cartoons and the potential for using them with instructional strategies in mind. I found some fabulous math links by looking through Jim’s favorites!

A good way for me to utilize social bookmarking will be to connect with friends who have the same special interests, for example, teachers who add favorites or bookmark quality links for specific core areas: social studies, writing, math, science, or special needs like specific research, or whatever. What a great timesaver! I like the way you can choose to add or not add specific bookmarks to be shared. I don’t share any links that are only specific to me such as on-line banking links. I also tend to bookmark lots of potentially good links, but I don’t save them to del.icio.us unless they are real keepers.

No comments: