Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thing 22

I registered for a Michigan LearnPort account at http://mi.learnport.org and browsed through the course catalog. The courses that look promising to me are those that have little or no cost, high ratings and good comments. Several fit that category for me; I am also interested in self paced courses. ASSIST - Differentiating Instruction through Technology v1.1, Pathogens for School Employees - 2009, Building Teacher Leaders, and Enhancing Your Curriculum Through the use of the Internet are just some of the 258 courses I found. I had no idea this was available to all Michigan educators!

I prefer on-line self paced classes. It allows a busy person to takes advantage of available spare time at a variety of hours any day of the week. A disadvantage of on-line PD is when you want a quick answer to something or feel you need a human, you can’t expect an immediate response. However, if you are networked with others, that typically would not be a problem. I like any PD that is technology related, and the Michigan LearnPort offers many options that appeal to me.

I think our 23 Things class would be a fabulous addition to LearnPort. It would get high ratings from me!!! I am so fortunate to have been a participant in the 23 Things course with Jim Dornberg because it has enabled me to raise my technology skills to a new level. I certainly appreciate the numerous Web 2.0 applications that I consistently use for instructional and administrative purposes.

No comments: