Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thing 11

Now I'm really seeing the possibilites for sharing PowerPoint presentations. I find it amazing to see how many people have visited the ones that I have already shared with the public. One of the best qualities of SlideShare is that you can set the privileges of anything you wish to have posted. For example, if something is to be shared with a specific group or person, that is easily controlled. The viewer doesn't even have to have any special software application on their computer. I can't get past the idea that this is free on the web! The quality of Web 2.0 applications that I have been finding are fabulous. I remember back to the days of the SE30 and the Apple IIe. Remember LOGO? Who would have guessed what I would be doing 25 years later. Education is so interesting at this point in time! Here I am, actually retired, but I don't want to leave education with the technology available today. There is so much more to do. Imagine what 25 years from now will be like with technological advances in the future!

No comments: