Friday, January 30, 2009

Thing 17

I am enjoying creating projects on Wikispaces and find, once again, with each new Web 2.0 application, I become consumed in the experience.

How is a wiki different from a blog? I view a blog much like a personal and/or public diary with all of the visuals and links available to the reader. With a blog being linear, I would use it as a way to post thoughts to be shared with others. I tend to like developing projects using a wiki because I am more comfortable with a non=linear process. A wiki is easily developed as a website without the constraints of a blog.

The types of assignments that I envision a wiki being more appropriate than a blog would be when a small group of students contribute to a project, each having a set of responsibilities. A wiki would be a good opportunity for teamwork and sharing information on any subject. The wiki discussion tab will enable collaboration and communication.

Problems I can envision when planning a wiki developed by students would be in establishing who and to what extent each student has privileges to edit and make decisions about the structure and content of the wiki. Determining appropriate settings and privileges with the strengths and weaknesses of participating students in mind, would go a long way to build success into the construction of any collaborative project.

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I have seen the works of art you have displayed. I liked the same and would love to revisit your website.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you. I assure you that you would get value for the time spent in reading my literature and the articles on paintings.
The link is are:

PAINTINGS GALLERIES

I write reviews of other friends' literature and paintings, too. You can see one of the reviews of a pencil drawing here:
PENCIL DRAWING OF A NUDE

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA